Navigating through COVID-19
ELA now offers virtual tutoring! This option provides the convenience of learning from home (or the lake house perhaps) along with the safety measures for our immunocompromised families. We have labored diligently to make this option possible and are proud of the end result. The ELA teachers joined together to assist with curriculum and design the online instruction. What a staff!
What YOU can expect
We respectfully request students and parents to take note:
- Wear a facial covering during your time inside ELA
- Have your temperature taken before a lesson
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entry
- Front lobby is closed. Please be prepared to pick up your child immediately after his/her lesson.
- Snacks and drinks are discontinued during this time.
What WE’RE doing
- Scheduling a limited number of students at one time
- Decreased teacher to student ratio to 1:2
- Enhanced cleaning measures including the frequent cleaning of high touch areas and sanitizing tutoring areas between each student
- All staff are wearing facial coverings
- Taking the temperature and washing hands at the beginning of each teacher shift
- Converting curriculum and tools, such as pencils, to single-use materials as much as possible. Parents- be prepared to accumulate cute golf pencils that will leave with your student!
- Adapting the Corner Store, from where students purchase prizes with their tickets, to be “contactless”
As of now, these rules will continue through the summer. However, we will inform you if anything changes. Thank you for working with us towards the safety of everyone!